Tech Lead - Data Platform
Have you ever received an email or a text offering to sell you something you did not need?
98% of this type of reach-out by companies goes to people who don’t need it.
When businesses are selling to other businesses, the situation is the same.
Leadgence helps B2B companies improve their sales processes through the use of exceptional data and insights.
The data platform team is responsible for building the core data processes that collect, categorize, normalize and extract insights for our clients. We work closely with customers to constantly test and improve the algorithms we use. It is truly a combination of art and science to build this virtuous cycle to improve overall data.
We are looking for an engineering leader to realize this vision for the team, to help evolve our operations practices, and to build infrastructure to support our continued scaling of global coverage.
What will you and your team do?
- Design & build a highly scalable data lake on AWS / Google Cloud
- Empower our teams by making our data and capabilities accessible across the company with the right infrastructure and tools in place
- Supervise the deliverables of the data engineering team
- Work closely with the CTO, Data Operations and Data Science teams
- Find insights where others think there are none
Who are you?
- Software engineer with a data and infrastructure background
- A self-managed person with the ability to manage others
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions
- Poses an analytical mindset to understand business needs and come up with engineering solutions
- Experience balancing complexity and simplicity
- Experience building data pipelines on large complex datasets using Spark, Hadoop or other open-source frameworks
- Experience in one or more programming languages: Python (an advantage), Ruby, Java, Go
- Strong SQL skills and experience in working with various databases or query engines (Spark SQL / Dataframes, AWS Athena, Google Big Query)
- Experience with data workflows management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, ECS, EMR, Athena, S3. (or Google Cloud equivalent)
- Machine Learning / NLP
- Kubernetes / AWS Fargate / Google Cloud Run
A few more things to know:
Our culture is unique and we live by our values. You will need to be comfortable working in the most agile environments. The requirements will be demanding. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and make smart decisions.