Data privacy is important to Leadgence LTD (“Leadgence”). This Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") explains how information is collected, used and disclosed by Leadgence and applies to information collected when you use or access our website(s) (such as www.leadgence.com), products, services, applications or during the registration process (described below) (collectively, the "Leadgence Services"), or when you attend an Leadgence event or otherwise interact with us. We respect the privacy rights of users and recognize the importance of protecting information collected about you.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use, and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information.
Changes to This Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the "Last Updated" date at the top of this Privacy Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you more directly by email or means of a notice on the home page prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice whenever you access the Leadgence Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate and stop using the Leadgence Services. Your use of any of the Leadgence Services after the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit one of our websites, register for and/or use one of the Leadgence Services.
For example, we collect information when you register with Leadgence for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the Leadgence Services (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of the Leadgence Services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a transaction, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your Leadgence profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender. We also store the information that you upload or provide to the Leadgence Services ("Content") to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the Leadgence Service.
The information of third parties such as name, email address, etc. as may be provided in order to enable the functionality and features of the Leadgence Service. For example, if you invite a user to Leadgence, we will collect their email address in order to provide them with an invite to the Leadgence Service in order to collaborate on the Content you designated.
Information We collect Automatically When You Use the Leadgence Services. When you access or use the Leadgence Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the Leadgence Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the names of the service providers you use, files you upload, download, share or access while using the Leadgence Services, the Content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the Leadgence Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the Leadgence Services including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the Leadgence Services.
- Device Information: If you access the Leadgence Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We do not ask for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time (except as defined in this policy).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Leadgence Services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the Leadgence Services without re-entering your username and/or password, understand which areas and features of the Leadgence Services are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images (also called "gifs") that may be used in the Leadgence Services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Third Party clear gifs: Our third-party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our website.
- Local Shared Objects (“LSO”): We use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information to provide certain features on our website. Third parties with whom we partner may also use LSOs in order to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Advertising Cookies: We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third parties may use tracking technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other websites you visit in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
You may opt out of behaviorally targeted ads anytime by deleting your browser's cookies. In addition, you may opt-out of interest-based advertising from some third-party partners by visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu, or the third-party provider’s websites.
Please note that opting-out will only prevent targeted ads so you may continue to see generic (non-targeted ads) after you opt-out.
Do Not Track. Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Because no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the Leadgence Services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party Application Tracking Systems (“ATS”) service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party ATS service is in accordance with the Privacy Notice and authorization procedures determined by the ATS service. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected for the limited purpose of providing the Leadgence Service and related functionality and services, as described in this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable laws. These limited purposes include circumstances where it is necessary to provide or fulfill Services requested by or for you or where you have given us your express consent. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Leadgence Services.
- Enable you to access and use the Leadgence Services, including but not limited to researching information about new markets, engaging with recruiters, legal experts, benefits providers, payroll providers etc.….
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support.
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about Leadgence and our select partners.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Leadgence Services and for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Leadgence Services, and other illegal activities.
- Personalize and improve the Leadgence Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Leadgence Services.
- We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about events or activities related to the Leadgence Services. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
- For other purposes about which we will provide you with prior notice as described in the "Changes to This Notice" section.
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), Leadgence's legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Notice depends on the personal data it collects and the specific context in which Leadgence collects it. Leadgence may process your personal data because:
- Leadgence needs to perform a contract with such you.
- you have given Leadgence permission to do so.
- The processing is in Leadgence's legitimate interests and it's not overridden your rights.
- To comply with the law.
By accessing or using the Leadgence Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the European Economic Area (EEA) and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We will not share personal information about you or any Content with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice or in connection with the Leadgence Services. For example, we may share personal information about you including as follows:
Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Leadgence and/or Leadgence Services. For Example, we may share your information to cloud providers, email distribution service providers, CRM providers, support ticketing providers and other similar service providers).
For Collaboration: We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the Leadgence Services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the Leadgence Services. For example, third parties who you invite to collaborate with you as “Editors” using the collaboration features of the Leadgence Services may also modify Content that you have shared, upload documents and photos to Content you have shared, share such Content outside of the Leadgence Services, and provide other third parties with rights to view the Content you have shared.
Third Party Applications: Leadgence provides you with opportunities to connect with third-party applications or services such as Application Tracking Systems. If you choose to use any such third-party applications or services, we may share information about you including your username and any Content you choose to use in connection with those applications and services, and such third parties may contact you directly as necessary. This Privacy Notice does not apply to your use of such third-party applications and services, and we are not responsible for how those third parties collect, use and disclose your information and Content. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties before connecting to or using their applications or services to learn more about their information and privacy practices.
Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Leadgence Services, (d) to protect Leadgence, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
Collaboration and Sharing Features
The Leadgence Services offers collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your Content through the Leadgence Services. As a function of the collaborative nature of the Leadgence Services and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with users you want to collaborate with. You can choose to change your settings at any time for a file or folder through your account.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Leadgence aims to take reasonable steps to allow you correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data.
If you wish to be informed what personal data Leadgence holds about you, or if you wish that such personal data will be removed from Leadgence's systems, please contact Leadgence via email ([email protected]).
In certain circumstances, you may have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information Leadgence has on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If needed, assistance may be provided by contacting Leadgence.
The right of rectification. you have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. you have the right to object to Leadgence's processing of your personal data.
The right of restriction. you have the right to request that Leadgence restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. you have the right to be provided with a copy of the information Leadgence have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Leadgence relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Leadgence may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Leadgence's collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact a local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
While no service is completely secure, Leadgence takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the Leadgence Services is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information, we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information, Therefore, Leadgence cannot guarantee the absolute security of the Information..
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual username and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected]
Account Information & Retention. You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us at [email protected] We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. Leadgence will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, Leadgence will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at [email protected]
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Leadgence by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing [email protected] with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the Leadgence Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Leadgence Services.
Community Forums and Blogs
Our website can offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or testimonials, contact us at the email address listed above. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your full name, company information, title, and photo/company logo.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the Leadgence Services. When you click on a link to a third-party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Leadgence. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Leadgence Services is not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected] If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Leadgence will obtain prior parental consent if any changes Leadgence makes to this Privacy Notice affect users under the age of 13 in a way that requires such consent under COPPA.
Governing Law and Disputes
All disputes arising out of this Privacy Notice will be subject to the governing law of the Kingdom of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts located in London, UK. The parties agree and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts, except that nothing will prohibit either party from instituting an action in any court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive relief or protect or enforce its intellectual property rights. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to the Terms.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice should be addressed to [email protected].
Last Updated: September 15th 2020