Selling to SMBs using smart data can mean the difference between success and failure.
Have you heard the usual bickering between marketing, sales, and management in the office?
- “We’re not speaking to leads when they’re ready to buy.”
- “Why did you send me this lead? It’s gaming instead of eCommerce!”
- “Why is our conversion rate so low?” a manager would ask.
These are all symptoms of a big problem – the DATA PROBLEM.
Prospects’ data quality is crucial for businesses looking to improve business efficiency, grow sales, and keep on top of opportunities.
Industry-specific tags and triggers provide financial services companies the ability to see through the scattered world of SMBs.
Using smart data provides sales, marketing, and customer success teams the insights they need to improve results by focusing on the right prospects at the right time.
The benefits of using Smart Data Vs. well… data
Small and Medium Businesses (or Enterprises) make about 90% of businesses and employ more than 50% of the workforce.
It’s a huge market, and there’s A LOT of data about it out there.
And the fact that there is so much data does not mean that it’s valuable.
Simply put: to turn big data into actionable data you need to turn it into smart data.
Today, there are two primary ways to get information about SMB companies:
1. Buy leads from a B2B list vendor – If you are already using an SMB database, you probably experienced its shortcomings.
Most of the data there is static and outdated, or worse – already processed by your competitors.
And even more frustrating – it is utmost likely missing the data you actually need, like:
- The business’ current status – open or closed?
- Is it showing signs of growth?
- Is it gearing up for international expansion?
- Who is the main stakeholder and what is their contact info?
2. Work manually – If you tried to research each prospective customer by yourself, you know how much time and work it takes.
It includes analyzing a business website manually, investigating their social media, google results, etc.
You probably realized a couple of things through these methods.
Despite all the available static data, finding SMB prospects that match your ideal customer profile (ICP) is complicated.
Even more so, identifying the right time when they need your services.
Instead, harness the power of intelligent data with Leadgence.
Leadgence takes the pulse of SMBs worldwide; providing smart, actionable SMB data to financial services and insurance companies powered by industry-specific triggers and tags:
- Triggers – compelling reasons to reach out powered by change and event-based triggers.
- Tags – smart data using industry specific tags designed for financial services and insurance companies
Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success departments use triggers and tags to get weekly fresh, actionable smart data about SMBs.
They get weekly lists of up-to-date company profiles with indicative triggers translated into reasons to reach out now.
See how your business departments can benefit from Leadgence:
With Smart Data Sales are the first to know who to prospect, when, and why
For sales, time is of the essence.
It’s even more so when dealing with the volatile, rapidly changing, small-medium business market.
With Leadgence, sales get weekly real-time event-based notifications about businesses that match their preset tags (search criteria or ICP), like:
- Early signs of international expansion.
- Growth in hiring.
- New location ”coming soon”.
- Service provider contract up for renewal.
- Business applying for a license or permit
When one of our customers, a financial services company, reached out via email to a list of SMBs created using our triggers and tags, they saw incredible results:
- 51% open rate
- 12% CTR
- 4.6% positive response rate
When they tried by phone, they saw a 9% positive response conversion (compared with 1.5% cold data benchmark).
Discover and fine-tune target segments for better ABM marketing campaigns
Marketing is constantly looking to generate as many qualified leads as possible.
Prevalent SMB marketing relies on traditional data sources that require them to practice what is known as “spray and pray” – casting a wide net and targeting almost everyone.
However, “Everyone is NOT your customer,” said Seth Godin.
With Leadgence, teams marketing to SMBs can now go beyond traditional category data and run smart, targeted campaigns at the right time to the right targets.
- Eating and Drinking – restaurants, cafes bars, and pubs.
You can look for businesses that are open/close, whether they provide delivery, or have franchises.
- Retail and eCommerce – jewlery, apparel, toys, and more
Here you can search by physical location, eCommerce solutions, current payment provides, and more.
- Hospitality – by the amount of branches, local or international activity
Marketers use industry-specific granular tags and triggers applied to high-resolution data collected from multiple sources generating segmented and actionable target lists.
Using smart data, marketers using Leadgence run precisely targeted campaigns with event triggers.
Tags and triggers used by our customers from the financial services and insurance industry include:
- Existing payment provider
- Shopping cart used
- Multi/single outlet
- eCommerce with physical location
- Ecommerce domains
Be proactive with your existing customers using Smart Data
Customer Success teams are always on the lookout for customers at risk of churn or upsell opportunities.
However, relying on your customer data is like viewing a static picture from a movie or a TV show.
Not only are you missing out on what’s happening now, but you also don’t even know how it ends.
With Leadgence, you can activate your existing database with tags and triggers created specifically for your industry.
Combining existing clients’ data with smart triggers and tags, your customer database will come to life.
And your customer success team will have an up-to-date granular 360-degree view of your existing customers to stay ahead of the game.
Customer success teams can use smart triggers applied to new data collected from an array of industry-related sources to get alerts about need-to-know change events, including:
- Change in decision maker/key management
- Adding currency/international shipping option
- Change in industry rating or review scoring
- Application to a governmental or regulatory body
Grow sales and increase business efficiency with Leadgence
You won’t recognize your sales, marketing, and customer success teams after introducing them to Leadgence.
Sales will know when, how, and why they should approach a specific company and offer your services and products.
Marketing will work with precise and focused SMB targeting lists.
Customer Success will learn more about your clients and engage them as things happen.
When working with smart data, your revenue increase, engagement, and response rate improve, and your overall business results will surprise you.
Want to try it?